[thelist] 5 frame change, one mouse click and N4.7

Kristina Floyd kristina at kfx-design.co.uk
Thu Mar 28 05:46:01 CST 2002

list,

   (For those that may remember my request for help in guiding a
   client away from frames)

   http://www.twitchen.co.uk/trial02/

   Much to my despair the client has chosen to go with the framed
   version of the site.  Not only that but actually adding a further 2
   frames to the equation.

   Which leads me to another problem (one of many in fact) - I need to
   be able to change 5 frames with one mouse click (yes you did read
   correctly 5!!)

   I have used a little script to do this.  It works lovely in
   everything apart from Netscape 4.7.  The odd thing is this did work
   when I only needed to change 3 frames.  (as yet I haven't tested
   this on any other OS apart from Win200)

   this what I have done:
<external js file>
function homeLink()
{
parent.lhframe.location='twitmainlhframe.htm'
parent.submenuframe.location='twitblanksubmenu.htm'
parent.twitmain.location='twitmain.htm'
parent.midframe.location='twitmainmidframe.htm'
parent.twitmainheader.location='twitmainheader.htm'
}

function foodLink()
{
parent.lhframe.location='foodlhframe.htm'
parent.submenuframe.location='foodsubmenu.htm'
parent.twitmain.location='food.htm'
parent.midframe.location='foodmidframe.htm'
parent.twitmainheader.location='foodheader.htm'
}
</external>

<menu html file>
</menu>

When I wrote this, I thought this is far too easy!!  Can a kindly
soul, tell me why this is not working in N4.7 and give me an idea of
how to make it work in N4.7.

--
tia
 kristina