[thelist] PHP htmlentities() ??

Bill Haenel bill at webmarketingworx.com
Thu Mar 28 21:14:01 CST 2002

> > Oddly enough, after having the trouble, I added this...
> >
> > $text = ereg_replace("'", "'", $text);
>
> Isn't that a no-op?

The second "'" should have come through as the html entity ( & # 0 3 9 ; ),
sorry.

> Try a test script to print the strings (before and after) out before
> using them in MySQL.  Also take a look at htmlspecialchars(), but
> htmlentities() should work.  Take a look at the magic quoting and
> simply printing the strings to the screen.  If they print correctly,
> it's almost certainly a magic_quotes problem.

I have a feeling it may be...new development:

I'm currently testing on my space on members.evolt.org, and I've also just
noticed phpMyAdmin displaying a Warning..."Warning: You haven't enabled
magic_quotes_gpc in your PHP configuration. PhpMyAdmin needs this to work
properly."

Anyone else having trouble with quotes on their MEO space?

BH