[thelist] Simple Database Embedding

Jay Blanchard jay.blanchard at niicommunications.com
Fri Mar 29 08:36:01 CST 2002

<snip>
> popular, for many reasons right now, is LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL,
> PHP).

I very much agree, however I frown on the term LAMP.  For one, it is
amorphous in defining what language is in use
</snip>

Nope, says PHP right there in the e-mail when defining the term LAMP. I have
seen this term in lots of places, in many articles, books, and web sites.
YMMV.

<snip>
while being too particular about what OS is in use.  "AMP" opens the door to
various
OSs (*BSD, commercial, Windows).
</snip>

Agreed, I believe that I pointed that out;

> Another great thing is
> that if
> you don't have access to a Linux box, *frown*, is that there are
> versions of
> Apache, MySQL, and PHP available for the M$ platform.

<snip>
> IMHO, LAMP is the way to go.

Completely agreed.. but lets just drop the 'L'  :)  and not forget
FreeBSD/OpenBSD is an excellent platform as well.
</snip>

No doubt that *BSD is an excellent platform, but MHO still sides with LAMP.

However, we are just picking at nits, if you know what I mean. :)

Jay