[thelist] Dynamically changing the size of a 2 row frameset.

Keith cache at dowebscentral.com
Fri Mar 29 12:05:00 CST 2002

At 02:56 AM Thursday 3/28/02, you wrote:
>Hi peeps.
>I'm doing a page that has a button you click which will open a chat.
>I would like to have a framest with 2 rows - the top row would have a height
>of 1px, but once clicking on this button i would like the top row to resize
>seemlessly and scroll down infront of the users eyes.

You can resize a frame programmatically in IE4+. First, give your frameset
an ID in the frameset's document.all collection, such as
<frameset id="myframeset"  rows="1,*">, then

parent.document.all.myframeset.rows="20%,*"

would give the top row 20% of the frameset.

Don't know of any way to do it in NN except to create the frameset with a
doc.write that gets it's row sizes from a query string or cookie, throw the
new size to the query string and reload the frameset, everything should
pull from the cache so it *should* be a painless reload but certainly not
as slick as simply resizing like IE does.

keith

cache at dowebscentral.com