[thelist] Info for web tracking article needed

warbassedesign.com info at warbassedesign.com
Fri Mar 29 14:07:01 CST 2002

Hello,

I am writing an article on the benefits of Web Tracking.  I would like to
focus on 'real' scenarios in which tracking user statistics has played a
significant role in re-thinking UI or information architecture or some other
aspect on a web site.  In a nutshell what I would like to discuss (with
examples if possible) are 1) what correlation can we make between certain
stats and a user's behavior?  2) what type of  stats do you look for as an
indication that your site is OR is not performing up to standards?  3) can
we make correlation's between certain stats and certain features on a site
like content or navigation?
Again, real examples would be much appreciated.  Thanks for any light you
may be able to shed on this topic.

Philip Warbasse
www.warbassedesign.com