[thelist] STOP Struggling & START Learning REAL Web Techniques Today!

Richard Bennett richard.bennett at skynet.be
Sat Mar 30 16:41:00 CST 2002

Hi,
well I suppose it isn't really off-topic :)

What's the worst is, on this page:
http://www.secureserv.addr.com/g4/webtech/join.html

it says "Secure Order Page" but it isn't a secure page.
so they just added their own little padlocks, especially the one at the end
of the page, closely aligned to where it would be in the status-bar.
Looks like a credit-cards number harvester to me.

Cheers,
Richard.

<tip type="google">
When searching on google (and others) you can get very good results if you
search for parts of the sentence you expect to read in the result, and
enclose it in quotation marks " ".

So if you want to find the capital of Switzerland you don't do:

capital of Switzerland
(because google drops the "of")

and you don't do:
Switzerland capital
(results interpretate "capital" as finance)

but try:
"the capital of Switzerland is"

The quotes mean only pages containing that exact phrase are returned.
</tip>