[thelist] Site Comparison Please

Bob Boisvert webdad at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Mar 30 16:43:01 CST 2002

I'm re-developing a site right now that I had done last year.  This is
mostly for my own learning experience with coding (CSS in particular) If you
wouldn't mind looking at the two of these sites and let me know what you
think, it would be greatly appreciated.  Everything is being done in
Ultradev 4 / Fireworks 4 on WINNT 4.0 PC at 800 x 600 res. and the site is
meant to cater to the older generation of 60 - 80 years old.

So far it looks good in Opera 6.0, Netscape 6.2, and MSIE 5.5
The image on the home page will change from day to day via the advanced
random image extension used.

Original: http://www.calvarylargo.org

In Development: http://www.calvarylargo.org/Test/

Just to let you know what I haven't done.

I have not validated the HTML yet so there is no DOCTYPE yet ( this will
come later)
I have not made the code look pretty yet.
I have not put the CSS into a linked file yet (all is between the
<HEAD></HEAD> tags)
I have not put a text navigation in yet with exception to named anchors in
the newsletter page (this will all be a SSI in the rest of the pages)
Only 4 buttons work as of yet
The logo was given to me by the client, I did not make it.

Thanks,
Bob

---