[thelist] targeting effectively

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 1 12:32:00 CST 2002

> From: Erik Mattheis <gozz at gozz.com>
[...]
> Because it's the only case anyone here has found where a private
> website was sued under the ADA act. There has been debate here (and
> elsewhere) whether the ADA applies to non-government websites.

http://www.section508.gov/

Other Relevant Laws
http://www.section508.gov/index.cfm?FuseAction=Content&ID=21

keep in mind that while it explicitly states federal government, it
can also apply to regional/local government (and probably will), and
it's also been interpreted to mean any NFP or government-
funded/subsidied orgs as well...

caselaw?  not yet...  precedent?  ADA is full of it in the brick-n-
mortar world, and lawyers counsel their clients to settle since they
feel they will lose cases otherwise...

IOW, i'm not gonna let any of my clients be that first case...