[thelist] PHP Equivalent

Burhan Khalid burhankhalid at members.evolt.org
Mon Apr 1 12:58:00 CST 2002

At 10:52 AM 4/1/02 -0800, you wrote:

>While there is the get_browser() function in PHP, this just parses the
>header that comes from the browser.  Don't expect to do in PHP what you
>do in Javascript.

[ snip ]

>PHP is server-side.  Javascript is client-server.

[ /snip ]

I am aware of that -- but thanks for pointing it out. I was planning on
using PHP to parse the header information, however, it doesn't seem to be
working on meo, so I decided to go with my backup plan. If I can't get PHP
to work as expected, I'll just switch over that part of code to Javascript
(and hence, anything else that is dependent on browser detection).

[ snip ]