[thelist] Good examples of DHTML and W3C DOM sites

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 1 23:55:01 CST 2002

> > Does anyone know good examples of web sites that
> > use DHTML or the W3C DOM *in a useful or beautiful way*? I'd like to
>show  these examples to the designers to give them a good feel of what
>JavaScript  can and can't do.
>
>Take a look at <http://www.nexbyte.com>. Their code doesn't validate, but
>it works well across the browsers I've checked in and they have some nice
>design elements.

Hmmm...dunno... The problem is that somewhere in the past year I've gotten
sick of pseudo-scrolls. If you need a scroll, use a real scrollbar. But
other than that it's OK.

>http://www.13thparallel.org get's my pick for kick asss DHTML

Was already on my list (and yes, there are some quite serious Mac problems).

As to www.bratta.com, in my opinion its intro is exactly something you'd
have to do in Flash, not in DHTML. Lots of movement works very well in
Flash, but in DHTML it only stops the browser in its tracks.

Does anyone have more examples? I'd hoped to see an effect I'd never have
thought of myself.

Thanks in advance,

ppk