[thelist] To Mark-Up Or Not To Mark-Up

Arlen.P.Walker at jci.com Arlen.P.Walker at jci.com
Tue Apr 2 08:43:01 CST 2002

>> why?  what value does a <div> bring at that point?  if it's just to have
>> container for styling, well, i suppose...
>
>... /or/ for interactive manipulation. The original example was:

Followed by a really splendid example from Hassan. To which my first
thought was:

Yarg!

That's a part of the Internet magic I never get used to, and which is so
beautiful. You start down a path, then suddenly someone else parts the
underbrush beside you and you get a peep at something you would have never
thought existed, and which subtly alters your reality.

Oliver Wendell Holmes wrote "A mind, once stretched by a new idea, never
returns to its former shape." That one stretched mine. I thought there
might be something tasty in that nut, which is why I was playing with it,
but I had just decided to give up on it when Hassan's mallet cracked it
open.

Thank you.

Have fun,
Arlen