[thelist] alternative for entity #149

iris laren4 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 2 09:07:01 CST 2002

--- Cristian Secara <secarica at fx.ro> wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Apr 2002 04:24:38 -0800 (PST), iris wrote:
>
> >has anybody got suggestions on what i could use
> >instead of •, which the w3c validator doesn't
> >like because it's a non-SGML character.
>
> Unicode: •

thanks for that.  that works.  next question:

how safe is it to use some of these unicode
characters?  8226 works in all the browsers i got
installed on my work pc.   but i don't have convenient
access to macs and linux machines.  is there a
resource out there, like a browser chart, that will
tell me which ones work in which browsers?

i came across test pages like this one:
<http://home.att.net/~jameskass/UNI08001.HTM>
but that still requires me to go around and check it
on different machines and in different browsers.

thanks
iris

=====