[thelist] Mac simulation on PC / site check please - Mac user's

sasha sasha at bittersweet2.com
Tue Apr 2 11:01:01 CST 2002

It is my understanding that Opera is very
consistent across platforms (it seems
consistent between unix and win, except O6 for
unix is buggy, so we run O5 for now).  For the
most part, the only real cross-platform
complaint I have ever heard of is between IE
on mac vs IE on win.

At any rate, I am 100% positive I have seen a
Mac "emulator" for win.  I couldn't tell you
if it is any good or not, though.  I think
finding a cheap used Mac would be a good idea,
especially if you do plan on catering to a
more diverse audience.

Christy "sasha" Siepker
http://bittersweet2.com

4/2/2002 11:03:50 AM, "warbassedesign.com"
<info at warbassedesign.com> wrote:

>Hey folks,
>
>I am starting to get many more Mac users to
my site.  Most are operating IE
>5 and Opera 6.  My question:  Is there a way
(outside of  people on Macs to
>give me a site check) that I can accurately
simulate how my site will render
>on someone's Mac if I am using a PC.  Perhaps
I am thinking to hard about
>this (wishful thinking) because it sounds
like a dumb question but I had to
>ask....   In any event, if you are on a Mac,
and you get a chance, can you
>give me a site check?   Thanks in advance for
your support!  My url is
>below.
>I just need to know that it is rendering o.k
and speed would be good to know