[thelist] Mac simulation on PC / site check please - Mac user's

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Tue Apr 2 11:45:01 CST 2002

martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com wrote:

> >Would any Mac-literate folks care to define the minimum config to
> >handle test use? Presumably something that will support OS9 + OSX?
>
> Yup.

Uh. Yeah. That's kind of the question, eh? What model(s)? How much
RAM and disk? What exact OS versions? etc. I know zip about Macs.

> >Can I use PC peripherals (keyboard,mouse,monitor) with a KVM switch,
> >or do I need the whole Mac-native enchilada?
>
> Should be able to if they're USB. However, your best bet is probably
> going to be an old-style iMac which comes with all dat stuff built in

If I had horizontal space for one, yeah -- but it would be a lot
easier to stuff a short tower somewhere, if it'd use my existing
(but non-USB) KVM setup ...

Do tower Macs have mini-DIN mouse/keyboard connectors? 15-pin VGA
video out? Are there any on-line resources on Mac configurations
that address the needs of the truly ignorant? :-)

--
H*
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

    -- creating dynamic Web sites and applications since 1994 --