[thelist] copyrights and linking

Rebecca Milot-Bradford RMilot-Bradford at nsca-lift.org
Tue Apr 2 12:37:14 CST 2002

>  if they don't want her to link to them directly, then they
>  should either
>  stick them in a web page and ask her to change her links, or
>  use a few
>  server tricks so that direct requests to an image rewrite to an html
>  page.

Or, since this is her portfolio, they could rename the photos in question.
Then they could replace the original files with ones that say something
like, 'I insisted on linking to this file even though the company that owns
it asked me not to. And by the way, I'm not a very good photographer." That
sure would look good in a portfolio.