[thelist] copyrights and linking

Mike Combs mike at combsnet.com
Tue Apr 2 16:27:01 CST 2002

I don't know the law on this, but it seems wrong to link directly to the
picture, and not the HTML page that contains the picture.  It's not quite
hijacking the content (where you embed the image in your page but it's
served from someone else's site), but it's not quite the same as
referencing their site, either.

For what it's worth.

...mike