[thelist] ERD tool

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Tue Apr 2 20:38:01 CST 2002

> I'm looking for a good (free if possible) tool for doing ERD stuff.
> Ideally, I'd like one that is super cool with MySQL.

hi bill

i have not tried this but it does mysql and it sure looks capable --

   dezign for databases   US$139  (free trial)
   http://www.datanamic.com/dezign/index.html

i have used ERwin from computer associates (you can find the url if you
really try, i can't be bothered) and i must admit it has a, um, boatload of
features, but at approx US$4000 per copy, this is only for extra large
projects in extra large corporations

there was a rumour that Visio can do ER diagrams but i never bothered to
check it out (it's now owned by microsoft)

rudy