[thelist] ERD tool

Jay Blanchard jay.blanchard at niicommunications.com
Wed Apr 3 07:40:01 CST 2002

<snip>
I'm looking for a good (free if possible) tool for doing ERD stuff. Ideally,
I'd like one that is super cool with MySQL. I'd like it to be smarter than
me (not a stretch, really) when it comes to attribute properties specific to
MySQL, etc. It would be great if it would output SQL as well. It doesn't
need to be able to connect to an actual working DB.
</snip>

If you are running a Linux box xFig has some good ERD stuff. It ain't the be
all and end all of ERD (I have used Visio for years, which works pretty well
for quick design), but xFig is free.

Jay