[thelist] Validation on client websites

Burhan Khalid burhankhalid at members.evolt.org
Wed Apr 3 13:18:00 CST 2002

At 01:18 PM 4/3/02 -0500, you wrote:
>I have just validated one of many pages for a clients web site I am
>re-making.  Is it proper to place the W3C/link icon on the web site once it
>has been validated to be HTML 4.01 compliant?. Or should this only be done
>if the clients wishes it to be there?
>
>Thanks,
>Bob

Bob :

         I think that it would depend on your client...what type of company
they are, and what kind of audience the site is for. Obviously, if your
client's intended audience is not computer savvy, then they will have not
idea as to what it means that a page is compliant.  I don't know of any
commercial sites that have such a designation (at least not on their front
page).  By all means let your client know that you have coded for them a
site that is standards compliant, and tell them what that means.

Regards,
Burhan Khalid