Subject: RE: [thelist] copyrights and linking

Robert Goodyear rob_goodyear at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 3 13:36:00 CST 2002

It would be interesting to find out if she was a true employee or working on a
contract, (as is often the case in Journalism) since, unless I read it wrong,
she was working for them for only 2 months.

If she was a contract freelencer or stringer, the law stipulates -- uhhh...
well, US law anyways -- that there needed to be an EXPLICIT statement in her
contract in re work-for-hire. Only if she was truly a payroll employee do the
rights automatically transfer to the employer. Short of that, the images are
actually hers.

Robert Goodyear
http://www.westeye.com