[thelist] [Possibly OT] Mac Word and horizontal lines

Jason Bauer jbauer at mtu.edu
Wed Apr 3 14:19:02 CST 2002

I've run into this problem on the PC side. When you type those dashes,
AutoFormat automatically adds a border to the text.

<disclaimer>These menu items are for PC Word 97, but you'll get the
idea...</disclaimer>

So, to get rid of those lines, select the text directly above it. Then, go
to Format | Borders and select none. Its gone!

To turn this off (its REALLY annoying, I highly recommend turning it off)
go to Tools | AutoCorrect | AutoFormat As You Type and turn off borders.