[thelist] Validation on client websites

Bob Boisvert webdad at tampabay.rr.com
Wed Apr 3 14:28:00 CST 2002

David Kutcher wrote:

<snip>
...And does anyone really care to know that it is html 4.01 compliant?  is
that
...really worth the screen real estate to anyone?
</snip>

Anyone meaning clients?, I think if they're educated somewhat about it, they
may.  I think this because they will know that the time has been put in to
make sure that the coding in their site wasn't just slapped together.

Anyone meaning a web designer/developer?, to me, it is definitely worth me
knowing that my site is compliant with current code standards.  Is it worth
the real estate on my site?, I haven't see the validation banners on to many
sites so it may not be to some and is to others, I think it gives instant
credit to a designer if his/her site is visited by a user and they see the
validation, it may carry some weight to someone who is looking for a
designer to do a job.

Thanks to all who responded to this question.

Bob