[thelist] OT: Network troubleshooting tools

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Wed Apr 3 16:09:00 CST 2002

At 01:30 PM 4/3/2002, Sean wrote:
>Howdy,
>
>Wouldn't static IP addresses be the cause of such a situation?  While
>servers (domain, sql, printer) should have fixed addresses, workstations
>may be better off with dynamic addresses.

I'm not a big fan of DHCP, especially for small networks. Any time you can
eliminate services that need to be understood with a derth of network
expertise available, the better off you are.
--
Anthony Baratta
President