[thelist] ERD tool

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Wed Apr 3 21:27:01 CST 2002

Introduction to Data Modeling and Overview of the Relational Model
http://www.utexas.edu/cc/database/datamodeling/index.html
how could i have overlooked this in my earlier post?! [*]
it's a COMPLETE ONLINE COURSE!!

   Data Modeling
   Intro
     Overview
     E-R Model
     Database Design
     Data Objects
     Basic Schema
     Refining the E-R
     Primary Keys
     Attributes
     Hierarchies
     Integrity Rules
     Bibliography
   Relational Model
     Data Structure
     Notation
     Relational Table
     Relationships
     Data Integrity
     Relational Data
     Normalization

[*] easy, it was filed under different keywords in my bookmark organizer

and three more --

Database Design and Normalization
http://www.sakia.se/dbulletin/bu12ce03.htm
entities, relationships, normalization, primary keys...  exceptionally
well illustrated, with a great example of a M:M intersection table

Normalization Is No Panacea
http://www.dbpd.com/vault/9804date.htm
this article is by C.J.Date, generally acknowledged as the inventor of
relational databases -- and if you make it all the way through this
article,
which i can only describe as intellectually stratospheric, then you're a
better man than i

Data Modeling
http://www.sqlsite.com/data_modeling/
some very useful naming conventions for tables and columns

rudy