[thelist] Why an IP address, not a domain name?

Michael Galvin mgalvin at sourcevisualthinking.ie
Thu Apr 4 05:33:01 CST 2002

I have a prospective client (it's in the tender stages) who has a large
online catalog that needs to be searched.  I've checked their current system
and found that it uses frames to hide the fact that you're being redirected
from their domain to an IP address.  I did a reverse lookup on it, and all I
got was the same IP address, but with the relevant Whois details.

Surely there must be a domain name 'associated' with this IP address - I'd
basically like to find out if the user is in fact being sent ex-site, or is
it just lazy programming?

--
Michael Galvin
source visual thinking