[thelist] mysql select query

Martin Kuplens-Ewart martin at takingitglobal.org
Thu Apr 4 08:42:02 CST 2002

<snip>
SELECT * FROM $db.$table WHERE ((SectionID = $SectionID AND Live = 1) OR
(Section ID = $SectionID2 AND Live = 1)) AND Published = 1 ORDER BY
RAND() LIMIT 3
</snip>

[I assume you've got something like a SectionID defined...]
[Also assuming that you have a checkboks or whatever for liveness... If
it's a status, I'm sure you'll know how to modify.]
[If you find yourself getting dupe articles... Try replacing the * with
'DISTINCT ContentID [or whatever the unique ID is.]

hth

-m