[thelist] css contextual selector problem

sasha sasha at bittersweet2.com
Thu Apr 4 08:46:00 CST 2002

try also adding:

.head a:visited { style info }

netscape *usually* handles this properly (i do this on a
few of my sites).  in the case of the forum on my gaming
site, it wouldnt work at all, and i couldnt figure out
why (even though it worked *exactly* as it should on the
rest of the site, but used a different css doc).

otherwise, this always works:

a.head:active, a.head:visited, a.head:active { style
info }

of course, if you have 20 links that you want to have
the .head class, the first method is the preferable one
(and does work, see http://test.nonline.net, the navy
bar uses it).

Christy "sasha" Siepker
http://bittersweet2.com

4/4/2002 9:12:57 AM, "serena . latveria . com"
<serena at latveria.com> wrote:

>         got a problem with contextual selectors in
netscape 4.
>here's my css:
>
>body { background-color: #fff; }
>a:link, a:active { color: #000; text-decoration:
underline; }

>.head { background-color: #000; }
>.head a:link, .head a:active { color: #fff; text-
decoration: underline; }

>         netscape 4.7 just refuses to apply the correct
link color
>to the 'head' class. i tryed also div.head a:etc etc
but it won't work
>as well. i used to know contextual selectors were safe
(even if now
>i just can't remeber where this rule of mine come
from). maybe i'm