[thelist] wehavethewayout.com

PeterV peter at poorbuthappy.com
Thu Apr 4 10:30:00 CST 2002

>with that for a while I realized something: client-side validation is
>generally a waste of time.  As you pointed out, you have to do it all again
>on the server anyway.

For the coder it may seem that way, for the user it's not. For most simple
forms, I recommend client side validation because it will make the users
life easier (ie save them a call to the server). For complex forms in which
they may typically have a number of fields wrong, I'd recommend server side
validation only, since it allows you to nicely present the problems,
instead of them having to go and find the wrong fields in the form (if its
a long form).
Peter