[thelist] Backend of a shopping cart system...

Rob Smith rob.smith at thermon.com
Fri Apr 5 08:22:01 CST 2002

My 2 Cents,

For something so dynamic that Joe here can't make up his mind, I'd use (if I
could) a different array topology: Linked Lists. This way you don't have to
create and delete potential mass arrays. Just delete the item (row) as you
stated here. Play with it.

Rob

------

For example, Joe adds an item to his cart.  Right now this is an added
element in the main cart array, but it could just as easily be an inserted
row in a database table.  Right now, if Joe removes that item, I have to
create a temp array and loop through the original cart array, copying every
item except the deleted one into that array, then destroying the old array.
With a db system, I could just delete it and be done with it.