[thelist] HTML Tidy

Mark Groen mark at markgroen.com
Fri Apr 5 15:10:01 CST 2002

On 5 Apr 2002 at 17:39, Michael Galvin wrote:

> Does anyone use HTML Tidy (in any of its many forms) to clean up HTML
> code? Is it any good?  Does it create W3C and others compliant code or
> does it just make things a little more XHTMLy?

Only makes things more Xhtmly if you want it to, and doesn't actually "clean"
the code ala Dreamweaver style. Rather, it points you to the bad line and
suggests what to do to fix it. It's generated code validates well and there is a
ton of features in it, and the configurability satisfies the geek in me. Not
thrilled with it's search/find and replace features, go back to Arachnophilia
for that [arachnoid.com] or open up my copy of Dreamweaver.
Great editor for fixing/debugging HTML.

HTH!

MG Web Services
Web Site Hosting and Development