[thelist] disabled javascript

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Fri Apr 5 18:58:00 CST 2002

> There are many spiders out there that "catalogue" the 'net.
> These spiders make image calls and store/cache the results.

and they don't use javascript to do so

i'll concede we don't know TheCounter.com's methodology precisely, and of
course arguing about percentage points is silly at best -- perhaps we could
agree that the non-javascript browser population lies somewhere between
"next to nil (probably less than 1%)" and 12%

david, this is not intended to be confrontational, i'm not directing these
remarks at you personally, rather to the community in general

[and i'm sorry i reacted so harshly at first the other day, but nobody gets
away with calling the aardvark daft  ;o) ]

why would a conscientious developer choose a technique that excludes
people, when a technique that encompasses everyone is marginally, if at
all, more difficult?

example: links & javascripts living together in harmony
http://evolt.org/article/Harmony/17/20938/index.html

nobody's saying "don't use javascript"

rudy