[thelist] Cold Fusion - help with cgi values

Frank framar at interlog.com
Sun Apr 7 05:37:01 CDT 2002

  [Note: I keep resending this email. Though the test went though,
this one seems to fail over. I keep resending it with a variety of
modifications in the hope that it goes though.]

This issue has been raised before, but I haven't been able to find
the solution, if it was offered. A deep and meaningful Google
session has failed me. I would effervesce like a freshly opened soft
drink if someone could give me a hand.

I use the basics of Fusebox 2, and specifically the tag
FormURL2Attributes. I need my DBs to index. Works like a charm on Win*
platforms (using Apache). Fails on *nix using Apache.

Apache doesn't return cgi.path_info. Ugh.

I thought that I could have grabbed at something like cgi. request_uri
and munged it, but Apache fails to return that too. As a matter of fact,
anything after '.cfm' in a url will fail to be passed on though Apache
if I use a scheme such as

   http://myserver.com/foo.cfm/bar=wheresthebeef

Part of what makes this important is that a particular fusebox tag
sets up a url in the form of

   http://mydomain.com/doc.cfm/var1=1/var2=2.htm

This makes it so that the server doesn't recognize a query string (no
? or & to suggest a GET). Therefor anything after doc.cfm is cut
right out of the equation. cgi.path_info would have returned

   /var1=1/var2=2.htm

I'm wondering if its a question of setting up apache, or cold fusion
or linux or what? What do I need to know, or to do to get my Linux,
Cold Fusion, Apache combo to return cgi.path_info ? Or can someone
suggest a work around? Has anyone seen the answer to this, or has
solved it?

  Using CF 4.5.1 SP2 on Linux 7.somethingorother.

Thanks.

--

Our best destiny, as planetary cohabitants, is the development
of what has been called "species consciousness" - something over

Frank Marion                      Framar Studios
frank at framarstudios.com           http://www.framarstudios.com