[thelist] New site - Critique for look/feel/user experience (http://www.hughblair.com/)

Bob Boisvert webdad at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Apr 7 10:14:00 CDT 2002

I like the look of the site, as I was going through the styles and clicked
on style 4 I found that your linked words (registrar, management, software
tools and so on) within the content were very hard to read and caused a
little bit of eyestrain to pick them out.

You may want to think about link underlines in you content, there's really
no indication that those words (listed above) are links other than being
bold.

Also,

The menu system I like allot but again, the 4 style was very eye straining
on mouse over in both the main and sub menu's.

all other styles were very pleasing.

The Question mark when clicked brings up the general info window.  In 800 X
600 I have to scroll to read the whole window, this is just a suggestion but
if you made the window wider you could bring this up a little to prevent the
scroll.

In Netscape 6.2, the gen. info. window's right side ends up behind the .US
News frame window, same with the copyright panel.

In Opera 6 the styles don't work and everything is pushed to the left
slightly and the .us frame is much wider than in IE5.5 and NN 6.2.  Also in
Opera 6 the border and main menu are mismatched, the border is behind and
down from the main menu. US News frame window, same with the copyright panel
as in Netscape.

The color of the site are is great, I like the soft tones.

I'm on WINNT 4.0 PC IE 5.5, NN6.2, Opera 6

Bob

---