[thelist] New site - Critique for look/feel/user experience

sasha sasha at bittersweet2.com
Sun Apr 7 11:27:00 CDT 2002

and how will non-javascript browsers (like lynx)
be able to access certain areas of your site?

being an opera user with both iframes and pop-ups
disabled, i cannot see the news content you
intended.  why dont you just make it an include of
some sort to just make it easier for everyone?

Christy "sasha" Siepker
http://bittersweet2.com

4/7/2002 3:44:37 AM, "Hugh Blair"
<hblair at hotfootmail.com> wrote:

>Well, after a short week of building, I'm getting
ready to put
>up a new site. Its temporary location is:
>http://www.hughblair.com/
>
>Yes, it's commercial
>Yes, it's built mostly with DW, but also a lot of
typing in
>     Notepad, cuteHTML, a little HotDog, a little
NotePro...
>Yes, it started with a Project VII template
>
>'Real' functionality isn't rolled in yet, style
sheets need
>tweaking, lots of other stuff is still a work-in-
progress,
><b> needs to be changed etc., but...
>
>What I'd like comments on is:
>-- The user experience - easy? hard? intuitive?
>-- Site functionality - Style sheet changes?
Colors?
>-- Browser problems - 'nuff said, blast away
>-- Site size - load time OK? Transitions fast
enough?

>Of course I'll take all other comments/flames.
Please go
>after anything you see. But my biggest concern
right now
>is the IA/GUI etc. I'd really like comments from
the
>IA/user-interface folks around here. With luck,
I'm