[thelist] Internet Explorer update - what update??

sasha sasha at bittersweet2.com
Sun Apr 7 19:45:00 CDT 2002

This is internet explorer we're talking about.  Or are
you unaware that you can only have one version if IE on
a windows machine?  A smart web developer would have
multiple versions of a particular browser on their
machine.  Since that isn't possible with IE, one should
go for the most widely used version (my site stats show
IE 6 just barely beating IE 5).

Christy "sasha" Siepker
http://bittersweet2.com

4/7/2002 8:08:46 PM, "Kostas Nasis" <kostas at neusis.com>
wrote:

>Well, it most likely fixes some bugs and adds some
features. In any
>case, it's a new version of a browser. Why would you
_not_ download it?
>Especially as a Web developer...
>
>Kostas

AtdtXav
>> Sent: Sunday, April 07, 2002 5:52 PM
>> To: evolt
>> Subject: [thelist] Internet Explorer update - what
update??

>> I'm incredibly frustrated by the lack of information
easily
>> available about the new IE update for windows.  I was
>> informed by IE that there's a new version, but I
could find
>> -no- information about what changes were made.
>>
>> -Why- would I download an update arbitrarily?
Especially
>> from a company I already don't trust?
>>
>> Does anyone have any information on what changes this
most