[thelist] Internet Explorer update - what update??

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 7 19:52:01 CDT 2002

> From: "Kostas Nasis" <kostas at neusis.com>
>
> Well, it most likely fixes some bugs and adds some features. In any
> case, it's a new version of a browser. Why would you _not_ download
> it? Especially as a Web developer...

as a web developer, yes, it's good to know what it does... but as a cautios
web developer, or as a user, it's not always safe to assume what it does or
doesn't do...

reasons include the same issues people have whenever they upgrade or patch
any software package... for instance, will it reboot my machine?  do i need to
be online to do the install?  will it eat my bookmarks or other settings?  will it
introduce rendering quirks?  will it die with any add-on packages i have?

IE has an unfortunate history for many users of going wonky during an
upgrade or patch...  as developers, we see this more than others, and also
can't afford to be down and unable to surf or test... as a developer, we should
absolutely know what it does...