[thelist] Internet Explorer update - what update??

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 7 20:24:01 CDT 2002

> From: "Duncan O'Neill" <dbaxo at ihug.co.nz>
>
> fwiw, I found out recently that it *is* possible to run
> (at least) two versions of IE side-by-side on one machine.
> Even if they are only IE5 & IE4. Below is the link
> to the Microsoft article with instructions (watch the
> wrap);
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q197311

it's actually compatibility mode...  it's not a true install of IE4... in general, this
isn't too much of a problem, but it *is* running with IE5 components and just
trying to emulate IE4... i've noted some CSS differences (between a true IE4
install and the emulation mode), but i haven't taken the time to sit down and
document them...

that being said, isn't the update she's asking about for IE6?