[thelist] Corporate Standards

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 8 12:58:01 CDT 2002

> From: "Mark Joslyn" <mark.joslyn at solimarsystems.com>
>
> I have been assigned the task of putting together a Corporate
> Standards manual to ensure proper and consistent usage of our logo and
> other marketing materials. Is there a resource that I can reference to
> get a little insight as to where to start such a project? Are there
> standards for writing such a document?

many universities leverage their web sites as a place to post this
kind of info... frequently it's accessible to the general public (it's not
worth password protection), and it's often very well thought out...

some samples:

State University of New York at Buffalo:
http://www.buffalo.edu/toolbox/visualidentity/

The Australian National University:
http://www.anu.edu.au/web/corporate/

Brunel University:
http://www.brunel.ac.uk/admin/publications/house_style/

James Cook University:
http://marlin.jcu.edu.au/div1/marketingandpr/stylemanual/JCUStyle
Manual.pdf

CyberMark (no idea, they just came up in a google search):
http://www.cybermark.com/docs/CSM.pdf