[thelist] [Ann]External Stylesheets Revealer Bookmark

Liorean Liorean at user.bip.net
Mon Apr 8 16:44:00 CDT 2002

[Cross-post to CSS-D]
[plug warning]

I've created an awesome, fabulous, wonderful, and in fact quite useful tool.

It's a bookmark that reveal all external stylesheets on a page, if they're
not out-of-domain it displays the source code and the http headers,
otherwise it provides a link to them. It's got a hierarchical system
(supporting multiple level imports), displays the title of titled
stylesheets, marks disabled stylesheets grey and is generally quite useful
as a tool.

It thus far works only in IE5.5 (subject to bugs, at least one having a
positive effect on it's capacity) and IE6.0 for Windows and Mozilla on all
platforms (Errors in earlier versions, for the best experience use 0.9.7 or
later).

Now, for the bookmarklet itself, visit
<http://www20.brinkster.com/liorean/wcd/new/viewstyles.html>.

If anyone provides the information about whether
ActiveXObject('microsoft.XMLHTTP') works in IE Mac, I might be able to work
out a proprietary IE Mac bookmarklet too. (Proprietary since IE Mac doesn't
allow the normal way of dynamic script inclusion.)

If you want to report bugs in it - or request a new feature - please mail me.

// Liorean