[thelist] Stress-testing a web server

Daniel J. Cody djc at members.evolt.org
Tue Apr 9 09:28:01 CDT 2002

Hi Stef  -

Theres a very nice(and free) tool that comes with apache called 'ab',
which stands for Apache Bench(mark). You can pass it parameters like the
number of requests, the number of requests to be run concurrently, time
limit, method, and a ton of other things. The cool thing is that it
works against any server, not just apache.

If you'd like more info, just holler :)

.djc.