[thelist] Can I do this in ASP?

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Tue Apr 9 12:28:03 CDT 2002

At 10:06 AM 4/9/2002, Means, Eric D wrote:

>In fact I'm *technically* correct.  If you're buffering, you haven't
>actually written anything to the browser yet, so my statement is actually
>true.  However, clearly I should have been more specific (and I had
>forgotten it was on by default in IIS5).  Teach me to dash off a reply.  ;)

Outside of being technically correct, it's just a good habit not to rely on
the server to cleanup after you. I always try to code so that I minimize
the amount of work begin done before a fork to a redirect or server
transfer. It doesn't make a lot of sense to build a whole (or most of a)
page, then throw it way.
---
Anthony Baratta
President