[thelist] monthly logs linux/apache

Hans Zaunere zaunere at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 9 16:05:01 CDT 2002

Depending on how much access (shell) you have at your hosting
companies, take a look at /etc/logrotate.conf and /etc/logrotate.d
(depending on distrobution, but that's probably it).  Also man
logrotate and look at cronjobs.

If you don't have shell access, but have PHP permission, for example,
look at the timestamp of the log files, and write a script that is
called just beforehand.  This is a really nasty thing to do things
though, so just contact your admins, that what they're there for.

Hans Z.
New York PHP
http://nyphp.org