[thelist] RE: O B J E C T | D E T E C T I O N>>LOAD XML into

Danny Goodman dannyg at dannyg.com
Tue Apr 9 18:10:00 CDT 2002

> Any ideas on using:
> var nodes = xmlDoc.documentElement.childNodes;
>
> Versus:
> var nodes = xmlDoc.getElementsByTagName('SCREEN');

They're doing quite different things. The first gives you a collection
(array) of only the first level child nodes of the document node. The second
blasts through the node tree to grab all <screen> elements (the parameter
should be lowercase as, I'm hoping, your XML document tags are), regardless
of their nesting within the document node.

Danny
http://www.dannyg.com