[thelist] Generating Form elements...

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 10 06:07:00 CDT 2002

>I thought block elements in forms are a no-no?!?! yes?

They're allowed, why not? FORM itself is block-level and it may contain
other block-level elements.

>What about the time-honoured way? visually structuring a form to imply the
>order and coherence required? After all, designers have been doing static
>paper forms for ages ;-)

The idea was to keep the form short initially, only if you want to fill in
more than one set of data you generate more input fields. If it works it
keeps the form very simple to use, users aren't inundated by lots and lots
of fields.

ppk