[thelist] Flash Protection

sasha sasha at bittersweet2.com
Wed Apr 10 09:14:00 CDT 2002

When you export Flash (4 or 5, not sure about 3), there
is an option to "protect" your movie from being opened
again in Flash and viewing all your "goodies".  This
will pretty much stop your average joe.  However, I have
heard of 3rd party utilities that can get past this
protective method and view what it is you don't want
people to see.  You can't really stop this, since
everyone has to download your movie to see it (it goes
into the user's cache).

Christy "sasha" Siepker
http://bittersweet2.com

4/10/2002 10:03:31 AM, "Jason Lotito"
<jason at clockmedia.com> wrote:

>Does anyone have any information regarding protecting
flash from reverse
>engineering.
>
>Essentially, I want to prevent people from being able
to get the flash
>source and action scripts from flash that they view on
my website.