[thelist] Your 2 cents - Site Critique

Samir M. Nassar nassarsa at redconcepts.net
Wed Apr 10 14:38:01 CDT 2002

Mark,

I am looking at the website using Opera 6 (beta) for Linux. At a
resolution of 1280*1024 and 16 bit color.

The site looks great. It is clean, professional, and classy in an
understated way.

I have no rendering problems.

I did see some slow Flash, it is not bad, but it could use a bit of
speeding up.

The main page takes me 12 seconds to load on 512 Kbps DSL line. It
doesn't stay white, and it pops elements up as it downloads, but I am
thinking for someone on a 56 Kbps modem this could take a while. If so
dependeing on the customers needs/desires one could consider a light
version? Same layout, but easy on the Flash and larger graphics?

Nice color layouts, the green and gray work well together. (Note to
self)

Samir M. Nassar - nassarsa at redconcepts.net
RedConcepts.NET - Open Source, Public Service
'Open Source, Open Systems, Open Borders, Open Minds'
Fingerprint = 4D04 E209 3FE5 DA25 A873 DD79 BD77 4511 BB2B AB9F