[thelist] HTML Email Solutions

Jim Musil jim at nettmedia.com
Wed Apr 10 15:47:02 CDT 2002

Does anyone have any experience with a commercial or open source HTML Email
package?

I'm interested in solutions that can integrate with Sendmail/Qmail and a
list manager such as majordomo or equivalent. I'd also like to be able to
serve up different email formats (text, html, aol-html) from one data source
using templates.

Really, I'm looking for a system that can manage the composition,
organization, and tracking of HTML emails and administrate lists of
subscribers.

I've done several projects over the last year that deal with HTML Emails and
I find working with them to be a real mess. The main problem I encounter is
dealing with all the different email clients each of which has it's own
interpretation of HTML. Messy -- really messy.

The app I've developed is good but I'd like to compare alternatives and
optimize my efforts.

Jim