[thelist] Not selling anything/no ads: any reason for search engine submission?

Michael Galvin mgalvin at sourcevisualthinking.ie
Fri Apr 12 07:31:01 CDT 2002

I have a client who has a site with no e-commerce on it, and no
advertisement.  To my mind, that would imply that he shouldn't really need
to be on many search engines, particularly the pay-for ones.  I'm trying to
save the guy some money, but he's of the way of thinking that if he isn't on
the search engines, his site is screwed.

I reckon that if your real-world advertising is good enough to keep you in
business and you add your web address to all existing advertisement, that
should be enough to garner some interest for your site.

Of course, I need a better way of saying just that, so does anybody have an
opinion on this?

--
Michael Galvin
source visual thinking