[thelist] look and feel (www.matthewgarrett.biz)

matt g mrg at members.evolt.org
Fri Apr 12 08:44:01 CDT 2002

> From: <martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com>

> As the pages are a fairly static sequence I wonder if you could
> reload each page's main image while the user is looking at
> the previous one, either with dHTML, or (worst case) with
> Dave Siegel's old single-pixel trick.
Hi Martin,
I've done a bunch of photo sites, and I've tried a bunch of pre-loading
schemes - some of them pretty clever. *None* of them worked without fail. A
common problem was that an image would be in the middle of pre-loading when
the next page was called for by the user. Then that image would show up
half-loaded (not in the *good* way) on the next page, with no way to finish
the job seamlessly. Big drag.

> It would be also be nice if the site loaded faster.
I'm going to look at re-building the pages from scratch when i incorporate
some other changes. maybe that will help.

matt g