[thelist] ASP Security with Access and NT directories

Amy Johnson ajohnson at purplemountain.net
Fri Apr 12 23:12:01 CDT 2002

Hi all.  First post here...  I'm having some problems with security on my web sites which sit on a NT server.

In my first site, I'm using ASP to interface with an ACCESS database.  I can not figure out how to password protect the MSACCESS
database and then successfully send the username/password via ASP to open the database (i.e. what is the Visual Basic ASP syntax for
opening the secured database??)

In another site that I am in the process of developing, I will be uploading files using ASPSimpleUpload with an ASP script.  My
system administrator said he will need to secure the NT directory for the uploaded files with a password.  How will I code the
username/password of the directory into my ASP code?

I have searched the Internet and my "ASP Bible" book with no luck.  Perhaps someone could recommend a good book regarding ASP,
MSAccess and NT security?

Thanks for any help,
Amy Johnson